Do you want to work with us as our Data Lead?
The Data Lead knows that data is the new oil. With over 4 million returning visitors a month, funda is a data fabric, a high traffic marketplace and a very trusted brand. We want to understand our users better, so that our services improve in quality, relevancy and accuracy. Data is a key resource we need to leverage to follow our strategy successfully.
You play a key part in our own path towards taking the stress out of our user’s journey by potentiating our data collection, modelling, analysis and to serve our business needs and ambitions. According to your new colleague Esther, you are up for a challenge: “Working with data at funda is exciting for three reasons: the scale of the data we work with, the challenge of integrating disparate data sources, and the fact that all this data gives us a unique perspective on the real-estate market. It’s a truly great playground for any big-data engineer.”
Your job is to, together with your team, unwrap the potential of our data. Over the last few years, the Data Team has completely revamped how we approach data and make it available to everyone in the organization, and thus you will have a chance to lead and work with a highly motivated and ambitious team. As soon as you start, you get all the freedom to investigate what funda needs when it comes to data – and implement it.
The current multi-disciplinary data team consists of two Data Engineers (Nazli and Darya), one Data Scientist (Edwin) and three Data Analysts (Ruben, Esther and Eveline). The biggest challenge here is finding the right balance to work with a multidisciplinary team to manage people with different ways of working and backgrounds. You will also work in close alignment with the service owner of the team (Stephen) and Eduardo, the CTO.
You are an experienced Data Lead who’s worked in high-traffic environments within mature organizations and have proven ability to translate strategy into execution. You have experience with how to technically manage analytics at scale, and you understand how you can leverage data for business insights and product development.
Next to that:
You have a bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or Mathematics (Master’s degree preferred)
You have at least 5 years of experience in a Senior Data Engineering/Management role (2+ years of experience managing a team)
You have experience with ELT (and specifically with dbt, BigQuery)
You are analytically minded with a pragmatic approach to decision-making
You have experience leading multi-disciplinary data teams
You are decisive and not afraid to make tough decisions
You are open minded and approachable
You have heaps of practical knowledge
- You have experience with Agile analytics
Love being spoiled? So do we:
- Annual bonus of up to 1.5 times your monthly salary
- Hybrid working with one fixed office day
- 25 paid days off a year and the possibility to buy more
- Working hours (32/36/40 per week) are negotiable
- 60% pension coverage
- A learning budget of up to € 2000 per year plus unlimited access to digital courses at our own fundacademy
- A net monthly reimbursement of up to € 85 for your phone and internet costs
- A net work-from-home-allowance of € 2 per day
- Full coverage of your travel costs for office days (if you live over 5 km away)
- Unlimited access to mental support via OpenUp, including phone consultations with psychologists so you can blow off steam, get practical tips or just have someone to listen to you
- Work from abroad (EU/EEA) up to 14 days a year, and the opportunity to take a 3-month (unpaid) sabbatical every 3 years
- Membership at selected gyms and regular massages at the office
- Lunch at the office, freshly prepared by our in-house chefs
- Regular parties, outings and a gift for your birthday – or just because, because why not?
Interested? We like to act swiftly at funda. So, here’s what you can expect from us:
You can apply by sending your CV and cover letter (or video) via the application button.
Into the next round? Then one of our recruiters will invite you for a video call.
To case or not to case
If the video call was positive on both sides, we will invite you to do a technical exercise.
We will schedule that first interview with you as soon as possible. You can expect a max of 2 rounds.
* We do not wish to be contacted by recruitment agencies about this vacancy. No rights can be derived from CVs that are supplied unsolicited.