Front End Developer (Vue.js)
Some have it all, they say. And so do you. Yes, you’re a front-end professional, but you would rather see yourself as a well-rounded Software Engineer as you have a creative mind with an eye for quality and you know your way around frameworks like Nuxt.js and Tailwindcss. That said, you wouldn’t call yourself a full-stack engineer, but you know just enough to have an informed discussion on how to properly build an API.
Still there? Great. Because we’re looking for several front-end developers that, together with designers and other software engineers, create and maintain interfaces used by millions. You don’t just write code; you write quality code that makes an impact on people’s lives who are looking for a new place to call home. According to your new colleague Zishan, funda is full of people who love what they do and want to improve, or help others improve. “It’s a great place to gain and share knowledge – and we don’t like cutting corners.”
Every day you kick off with a short stand-up with your team. This week, you’ll be collaborating with UX-designers and Software Developers by creating reusable components, next to working on matters like performance, responsive design, and accessibility. Occasionally you’ll be helping the back-end team and there’s a chance they need your help this week too.
Your job in a nutshell
- Write high quality code
- Create and maintain interfaces that affect millions of users
- Work together with the whole scrum team (all disciplines) to solve problems
- Engage with other engineers to give and receive feedback
- Aside from your daily scrum-team work you give input on company-wide Front-end matters (from general improvements and new technologies to code reviews for other teams).
You will be part of one of our product teams that, together with Designers and other Software Engineers, creates and maintains interfaces used by millions. These teams consist of roughly 5 to 8 people and you have the independence to decide how you’re going to tackle challenges independently. Within this team, your input matters. If you have thoughts about how to improve certain aspects relating to the apps or workflow, you always have a chance to bring forth your ideas and improve these things.
- Experience with Vue.js (we use Nuxt.js)
- You don’t need to be convinced of the value of testing
- You understand the value of performance as a feature and know how to improve Core Web Vital metrics
- You have a track record of building complex applications with simple code
- You’re at your best working in a collaborative working environment where you put goals ahead of procedures.
- You’re enthusiastic about cutting edge technologies (and yes, you’ll get plenty of space to experiment)
- You're up for a challenge (or two)
- Occasionally dealing with back-end is not your thing
- Your work isn’t testable
- You are the engineer who sits in the corner and just writes code.
Love being spoiled? So do we:
- Annual bonus of up to 1.5 times your monthly salary
- Hybrid working with one fixed office day
- 25 paid days off a year and the possibility to buy more
- Working hours (32/36/40 per week) are negotiable
- 60% pension coverage
- A learning budget of up to € 2000 per year plus unlimited access to digital courses at our own fundacademy
- A net monthly reimbursement of up to € 85 for your phone and internet costs
- A net work-from-home-allowance of € 2 per day
- Full coverage of your travel costs for office days (if you live over 5 km away)
- Unlimited access to mental support via OpenUp, including phone consultations with psychologists so you can blow off steam, get practical tips or just have someone to listen to you
- Work from abroad (EU/EEA) up to 14 days a year, and the opportunity to take a 3-month (unpaid) sabbatical every 3 years
- Membership at selected gyms and regular massages at the office
- Lunch at the office, freshly prepared by our in-house chefs
- Regular parties, outings and a gift for your birthday – or just because, because why not?
Interested? We like to act swiftly at funda. So, here’s what you can expect from us:
You can apply by sending your CV and cover letter (or video) via the application button.
Into the next round? Then one of our recruiters will invite you for a video call.
To case or not to case
If the video call was positive on both sides, we will invite you to do a technical exercise.
We will schedule that first interview with you as soon as possible. You can expect a max of 2 rounds.
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will contact you as soon as possible.
* We do not wish to be contacted by recruitment agencies about this vacancy. No rights can be derived from CVs that are supplied unsolicited.