Senior UX Designer
Amsterdam€4,975.48 - €6,185.73 per monthProduct
A Senior UX designer at funda knows UX design is not just about grey boxes and wireframing. It’s also about research, user interface and testing amongst other things. Together with researchers and developers you help to plan and carry out design activities lifting the user experience of searching for a dream home to the next level.
From improvements to the search experience to optimizing the way users stay up to date on new houses via the website and our apps, you know what works best for our users and will setup the experiments to prove it. But it doesn’t stop there - you will actively help shape the future of search on funda, to support a million of people looking for their new home every day. Sounds interesting? It is. Read on if you want to know more.
In this role you are expected to work in a scrum team as an independent designer who can manoeuvre well between existing teams. You bring your user-centred approach to the work to design and iterate on new and existing features for the funda platform.
You will carry out research using the most relevant methods and techniques to further your understanding of our users. Like no other, you understand why research is important and you know the ways in which you can use insights to help drive your design rationale and decisions. Understanding our customers behaviour and designing an experience that matches their goals, needs and expectations is worth its weight in gold – and our CEO feels the same way.
As a UX Designer, you work closely with your colleagues Esti, Erik, Marloes and the Head of Design, Daan. Alongside the Design team you will work very closely with Ugo, the Product Owner of Team Insight, working to improve both the offering and the experience. Together, you work across the board on a variety of design projects: you will therefore be working with many more fundarians. You will also work closely with Angelika the Product Lead.
You are a strong team contributor who can use the appropriate approaches, tools and knowledge to ensure we are designing the right thing. You call on your years of experience, data and metrics, along with a healthy dose of intuition to deliver design work that helps us to test and learn with our existing user base. You have a proactive mindset and likes to take the initiative.
Being critical and able to see the new is of importance so that you understand what we have now and where we can go in the future. An inquisitive, thoughtful and challenge-driven mind is what makes people at funda tick.
For this role we are looking for a candidate who masters all facets of Product Design and Design Thinking. It's not only about designing the right thing but also designing thing right: Visual/UI Design, prototyping and design systems. Love for micro copy and micro animation is a plus.
Apart from that, you meet the following requirements:
- You work and think like someone with a bachelor's/master’s degree (in a design-related subject)
- 5+ years of experience of which 1-3 working at online marketplaces.
- You are fulltime (40 hrs per week) available
- A strong portfolio of work which demonstrates your strength in problem solving, product thinking and eye for detail
- You can clearly and confidently explain your design rationale and decisions by communicating verbally and written in clear and concise English. Having an understanding of Dutch is beneficial
- You show lots of initiative and ask a lot of questions because you are both analytical and critical; you consider and are aware of the outside world and interactions with marketplaces and platforms
- You can carry out research by defining questions, collecting and analysing data and interpreting the results; to develop recommendations and actions for design work
- You have experience with analytics and A/B and MVT testing and can setup and administer tests with confidence
- You can piece together feedback from stakeholders across the business and distinguish a clear way of working through it
- You are proficient in software, including Figma to create designs and screens.
Love being spoiled? So do we:
- Annual bonus of up to 1.5 times your monthly salary
- Hybrid working with one fixed office day
- 25 paid days off a year and the possibility to buy more
- Working hours (32/36/40 per week) are negotiable
- 60% pension coverage
- A learning budget of up to € 2000 per year plus unlimited access to digital courses at our own fundacademy
- A net monthly reimbursement of up to € 85 for your phone and internet costs
- A net work-from-home-allowance of € 2 per day
- Full coverage of your travel costs for office days (if you live over 5 km away)
- Unlimited access to mental support via OpenUp, including phone consultations with psychologists so you can blow off steam, get practical tips or just have someone to listen to you
- Work from abroad (EU/EEA) up to 14 days a year, and the opportunity to take a 3-month (unpaid) sabbatical every 3 years
- Membership at selected gyms and regular massages at the office
- Lunch at the office, freshly prepared by our in-house chefs
- Regular parties, outings and a gift for your birthday – or just because, because why not?
Interested? We like to act swiftly at funda. So, here’s what you can expect from us:
You can apply by sending your CV and cover letter (or video) via the application button.
Into the next round? Then one of our recruiters will invite you for a phone screening.
If you have passed the phone screening, we will schedule that first job interview with you as soon as possible. You can expect a maximum of 2 rounds of interviews. For this vacancy, after a successful first interview round, we will invite you to do a case.