Site Reliability Engineer l DevOps
Do you want to work with us as a Site Reliability Engineer?
Funda needs the best developers to work on our high-traffic website – every day is a fresh challenge and that’s the thrill of it. Developing in the knowledge that millions of monthly visitors put their faith in you is like refuelling a jet fighter in mid-air or performing a pitstop on a Ferrari as it continues to race at 200 mph.
We’re looking for a Site Reliability Engineer who is a team player, and who tears down the walls. You create unity and ensure that everything keeps on running smoothly. ‘Supportive’ is your middle name, continuous integration and continuous deployment are your sophisticated tools.
Is that you? Read on to find out more.
Your work is based on two pillars – one is maintaining and innovating on our infrastructure, the other is supporting and being part of our dev teams to help improve reliability for our services. This involves working on different projects and at different levels simultaneously. Your main challenge for the next 6 months will be migrating towards a new CI/CD system (from Bamboo to Azure DevOps) and the containerising of our Windows services/applications.
You will join our infra team, aka SRE, aka DevOps. You’ll work with 7 Site Reliability Engineers (David, John, Matt, Richard, Floris, Maurits and Max), and one Service Owner. You will report to Brian, who will help you achieve your goals and help you grow as a professional.
You are eager to work with the latest container orchestration tools such as Kubernetes, as we also host our infrastructure in the cloud. Your Windows experience speaks for itself and you are familiar with IIS, SQL Server and configuration management (we use Ansible).
You know very well how to maintain a balance between the speed of development and the stability of a production environment. You have this innate feeling about the right time to keep stakeholders and colleagues informed and come up with smart solutions for IT automation.
Next to that:
- You have at least 5 years of experience working as a Site Reliability Engineer or similar role
- You have hands-on experience with Azure, Terraform and Kubernetes
- You can work with both Linux and Windows technologies
- You have experience with Azure DevOps
- You’re at your best working in an agile working environment using JIRA (or similar tool)
Love being spoiled? So do we:
- Annual bonus of up to 1.5 times your monthly salary
- Hybrid working with one fixed office day
- 25 paid days off a year and the possibility to buy more
- Working hours (32/36/40 per week) are negotiable
- 60% pension coverage
- A learning budget of up to € 2000 per year plus unlimited access to digital courses at our own fundacademy
- A net monthly reimbursement of up to € 85 for your phone and internet costs
- A net work-from-home-allowance of € 2 per day
- Full coverage of your travel costs for office days (if you live over 5 km away)
- Unlimited access to mental support via OpenUp, including phone consultations with psychologists so you can blow off steam, get practical tips or just have someone to listen to you
- Work from abroad (EU/EEA) up to 14 days a year, and the opportunity to take a 3-month (unpaid) sabbatical every 3 years
- Membership at selected gyms and regular massages at the office
- Lunch at the office, freshly prepared by our in-house chefs
- Regular parties, outings and a gift for your birthday – or just because, because why not?
Interested? We like to act swiftly at funda. So, here’s what you can expect from us:
You can apply by sending your CV and cover letter (or video) via the application button.
Into the next round? Then one of our recruiters will invite you for a video call.
To case or not to case
If the video call was positive on both sides, we will invite you to do a technical exercise.
We will schedule that first interview with you as soon as possible. You can expect a max of 2 rounds.
* We do not wish to be contacted by recruitment agencies about this vacancy. No rights can be derived from CVs that are supplied unsolicited.