Site Reliability Engineer l DevOps
Amsterdam€4,702.44 - €6,759.76 per monthEngineering
Every day, the brightest developers at funda work tirelessly to keep funda – which receives millions of monthly visitors – up and running. We're looking for a Site Reliability Engineer who enjoys working within a team and breaking down barriers. Someone who fosters unity and ensures smooth operations. You are supportive and believe, just like us, in continuous integration and continuous deployment.
As a SRE Engineer, you and your team will be at the helm of our infrastructure. And yes, this is an immense responsibility because a single mistake can have significant consequences. "The SRE team is intelligent, passionate, and we take our projects extremely seriously," says Team Lead Brian. "But we're also close-knit and diverse—we respect each other's work and have enough freedom to chart our own course."
Check out this story on our Engineering blog: How Golden Paths give our engineers more time to truly develop
Your job in a nutshell
At funda, we've reached a point where we have a mature cloud infrastructure. Now it's a matter of pushing forward and further developing. So, you can expect the following tasks:
- Working on the new development environment for engineers, making it easier and stress-free for them to work on their projects
- Achieving gains by replacing older systems
- Being on standby for a week every month, in case any issues arise during the night
- Actively engaging in educational knowledge management within funda as a team
You will join our infrastructure team, also known as SRE or DevOps. You'll work alongside seven other Site Reliability Engineers (David, John, Matt, Richard, Floris, Maurits and Max) and a Service Owner. You will report to Brian, who will help you achieve your goals.
You know how to strike a balance between the speed you want to achieve in development and the stability required in a production environment. Moreover, you understand better than anyone when the right moment is to inform stakeholders and colleagues about the smart solutions for our infrastructure.
- You have work experience as a Site Reliability Engineer or in a similar role
- You have hands-on experience with Azure, Terraform, and Kubernetes
- You can work with both Linux and Windows solutions
- You have experience with Azure DevOps
- You are most productive when working in an agile work environment with the help of JIRA (or a similar tool)
Read our Engineers Blog: Why Gitops didn't work for us as a company
Love being spoiled? So do we:
- Annual bonus of up to 1.5 times your monthly salary
- Hybrid working with one fixed office day
- 25 paid days off a year and the possibility to buy more
- Working hours (32/36/40 per week) are negotiable
- 60% pension coverage
- A learning budget of up to € 2000 per year plus unlimited access to digital courses at our own fundacademy
- A net monthly reimbursement of up to € 85 for your phone and internet costs
- A net work-from-home-allowance of € 2,15 per day
- Full coverage of your travel costs for office days (if you live over 5 km away)
- Unlimited access to mental support via OpenUp, including phone consultations with psychologists so you can blow off steam, get practical tips or just have someone to listen to you
- Work from abroad (EU/EEA) up to 14 days a year, and the opportunity to take a 3-month (unpaid) sabbatical every 3 years
- Membership at selected gyms and regular massages at the office
- Lunch at the office, freshly prepared by our in-house chefs
- Regular parties, outings and a gift for your birthday – or just because, because why not?
Send your resume and cover letter (or video) through the application button.
* We do not wish to be contacted by recruitment agencies about this vacancy. No rights can be derived from CVs that are supplied unsolicited.