Amsterdam€4,163.18 - €5,984.57 per monthProduct
As an UX Designer at funda, you understand that UX design is more than just grey boxes and wireframing. It also involves research, user interface design, and testing. Working with researchers and developers, you help plan and execute design activities to take the user experience of searching for a dream home to the next level.
From improving the login experience to optimizing how users get the most out of our site and app you know what works best for our users. You'll set up experiments to prove it, and actively shape the future of funda. This helps millions of people find their new home every day – exciting, right? Keep reading to learn more.
In this role, you are expected to work independently within a scrum team while also contributing to the design team's overall success. You bring a user-centric perspective to the work, designing and refining new and existing features for the funda platform.
You will carry out research using the most relevant methods and techniques to further your understanding of our users. Like no other, you understand why research is important and you know the ways in which you can use insights to help drive your design rationale and decisions. Understanding our customers behaviour and designing an experience that matches their goals, needs and expectations is worth its weight in gold – and our CEO feels the same way.
You work closely with your colleagues Esti, Marloes and the Head of Design, Daan. Alongside the Design team you will work very closely with Bart, the Product Owner of Team Account, working to improve both the offering and the experience. Together, you work across the board on a variety of design projects: you will therefore be working with many more fundarians. You will also work closely with Angelika the Product Lead.
As a strong team contributor, you use the right approaches, tools, and knowledge to ensure we design best in class experiences. Drawing on your years of experience, data, metrics, and intuition, you deliver design work that helps us test and learn with our existing user base. You have a proactive mindset and take initiative. Being able to critically assess and identify new opportunities is essential for understanding our current situation and where we can go in the future. We are looking for a candidate who masters all facets of product design and design thinking: not only designing the right things, but also designing things right, such as visual/UI design, prototyping, copy and animation.
On our Engineering blog: Guide to organizing effective and energetic remote workshops
Apart from that, you meet the following requirements:
- You work and think like someone with a bachelor's/master’s degree (in a design-related subject)
- 5+ years of product experience of which 1-3 working at online marketplaces
- A strong portfolio of work which demonstrates your strength in problem solving, product thinking and eye for detail
- You can clearly and confidently explain your design rationale and decisions by communicating verbally and written in clear and concise English. Having an understanding of Dutch is beneficial
- You show lots of initiative and ask a lot of questions because you are both analytical and critical; you consider and are aware of the outside world and interactions with marketplaces and platforms
- You can carry out research by defining questions, collecting and analysing data and interpreting the results; to develop recommendations and actions for design work
- You have experience with analytics and A/B and MVT testing and can setup and administer tests with confidence
- You can piece together feedback from stakeholders across the business and distinguish a clear way of working through it
- You possess expertise in managing design systems and optimizing them for maximum efficiency
- You are proficient in software, including Figma to create designs
On our Engineering blog: 6 highlights during my first four weeks at funda: product owner Ugo
Love being spoiled? So do we:
- Annual bonus of up to 1.5 times your monthly salary
- Hybrid working with one fixed office day
- 25 paid days off a year and the possibility to buy more
- Working hours (32/36/40 per week) are negotiable
- 60% pension coverage
- A learning budget of up to € 2000 per year plus unlimited access to digital courses at our own fundacademy
- A net monthly reimbursement of up to € 85 for your phone and internet costs
- A net work-from-home-allowance of € 2,15 per day
- Full coverage of your travel costs for office days (if you live over 5 km away)
- Unlimited access to mental support via OpenUp, including phone consultations with psychologists so you can blow off steam, get practical tips or just have someone to listen to you
- The opportunity to take a 3-month (unpaid) sabbatical every 3 years
- Membership at selected gyms and regular massages at the office
- Lunch at the office, freshly prepared by our in-house chefs
- Regular parties, outings and a gift for your birthday – or just because, because why not?
We like to act swiftly at funda. So, here’s what you can expect from us:
You can apply by sending your CV and cover letter (or video) via the application button.
Into the next round? Then one of our recruiters will invite you for a phone screening.
If you have passed the phone screening, we will schedule that first job interview with you as soon as possible. You can expect a maximum of 3 rounds of interviews. For this vacancy, after a successful second interview round, we will invite you to do a case.