Building apps for one platform is pretty awesome. But building them cross-platform using a single codebase is even better, right? At funda, we like to work with the latest technology and quite recently, we moved from native Android and iOS to cross-platform development with Flutter (here is the story behind our journey so far). This allows us to build new features simultaneously for every screen.
On our Engineering blog: How we validated Flutter at scale for funda
As a Developer, your main task will be developing features in Flutter. You’ll be contributing to the migration of key components from the native codebase to Flutter, while shipping new features within the blink of an eye. And while teaming up with web developers and User Experience Designers you create a seamless user experience for our users by building interfaces and writing less code.
Whether you are working from home or the funda office: every day begins with a short stand-up with your team. In between having technical discussions with your colleagues on the best architecture and match expectations with stakeholders, you’ll get your hands dirty building interfaces that help our millions of users who are looking for the most exciting buy of their lives: a house (and yep, there’s plenty of room for new ideas, experimentation, trial and error and on-the-sport learning).
Your job in a nutshell
- Building new features for our consumers in Flutter
- Collaborating with our front-end and developers
- Communicating with other teams and stakeholders
- Making impact on millions of users
On our Engineering blog: How Golden Paths give our developers more time to actually develop
We're looking for multiple Flutter developers for several teams within funda. According to your new colleague Stephan, this is rare opportunity. “Working with such a new technology at scale – your work will be seen by millions of funda users.”
At least 1 year of experience with working with Flutter
Great communication skills & like working with and within a team
You focus on the user interface but you know how to work with Microservices: we use REST API’s in a Dotnet environment
You work and think like someone with a bachelor’s/master’s degree
- Friends call you a Flutter fanatic
- You have a ton of exciting ideas and are not afraid to break through barriers to make them see the light of day
- You enjoy making an impact
- What’s Flutter?
- You don’t enjoy a technical challenge
- You work by yourself and don’t talk to your team members.
Love being spoiled? So do we:
- Annual bonus of up to 1.5 times your monthly salary
- Hybrid working with one fixed office day
- 25 paid days off a year and the possibility to buy more
- Working hours (32/36/40 per week) are negotiable
- 60% pension coverage
- A learning budget of up to € 2000 per year plus unlimited access to digital courses at our own fundacademy
- A net monthly reimbursement of up to € 85 for your phone and internet costs
- A net work-from-home-allowance of € 2 per day
- Full coverage of your travel costs for office days (if you live over 5 km away)
- Unlimited access to mental support via OpenUp, including phone consultations with psychologists so you can blow off steam, get practical tips or just have someone to listen to you
- Work from abroad (EU/EEA) up to 14 days a year, and the opportunity to take a 3-month (unpaid) sabbatical every 3 years
- Membership at selected gyms and regular massages at the office
- Lunch at the office, freshly prepared by our in-house chefs
- Regular parties, outings and a gift for your birthday – or just because, because why not?
Interested? We like to act swiftly at funda. So here’s what you can expect from us:
You can apply by sending your CV and cover letter (or video) via the application button.
Into the next round? Then one of our recruiters will invite you for a video call.
To case or not to case
If the video call was positive on both sides, we will invite you to do a technical exercise.
We will schedule that first interview with you as soon as possible. You can expect a max of 2 rounds.
Send an email to email@example.com and we will contact you as soon as possible.
* We do not wish to be contacted by recruitment agencies about this vacancy. No rights can be derived from CVs that are supplied unsolicited.