Backend .NET Developer
Amsterdam€4,702.44 - €6,759.76 per monthEngineering
Remember those days when somebody at a birthday party asks what you do and you make a courageous attempt to explain what a .NET Developer does? Well, that’s no longer necessary as working at the biggest housing website of The Netherlands says it all - and no, you can’t fix the overheating housing market.
As a .NET Developer at funda you're not ‘just’ writing code, you’re writing quality code on a platform that gets viewed 77 million times per month, by people who are right in the middle of one of the biggest decisions in their lives: buying a home, a place to live. And it’s you who will actively participate in ideas on how to make this journey even better.
You’ll work with modern (mostly Microsoft) technology, including .NET Core 6 and Azure, but also with open-source products such as Docker or Kubernetes. You and your team ship your own microservices directly to production using Azure devops (check out the tech stack we use here). According to your colleague Kateryna, you make a difference with your work. “Of course, we have an enormous audience. But what's much cooler than that is that you can change things on your own. If you've got a good idea and you can convince the team that it's a good idea, you can get started on it straight away. That means you really have an impact.”
On our Engineering blog: How Golden Paths give our developers more time to actually develop
In between standups and some meetings with stakeholders, you would write code that gets deployed several times a day to our Kubernetes cluster hosted in Azure. You might have to find out how to refactor some legacy code or deep dive into some business logic that nobody remembers anymore and improve it – or kill it with fire.
On our Engineering blog: Release automation? Solved!
Your job in a nutshell
- Write high quality code
- Ship features that affect millions of users
- Work together with the whole scrum team (all disciplines) to solve problems
- Investigate and fix production issues (in your own code)
You enjoy working on a wide range of tasks, building and deploying features from start to finish using continuous delivery
You have hands-on working experience with Microservices, Dotnet core 6 (latest version), Kubernetes and Microsoft Azure
You’re at your best working in an agile working environment
You like to work with people as much as we do
You’re fluent in English (Dutch is a plus)
You've got enough relevant work experience to call yourself at least a medior (but we’re very happy to hire seniors too)
We're looking for multiple .NET Developers for different teams within funda.
- Things like clean architecture, DDD or Event Driven Architecture get your fingers tingling with excitement
- You like to think of things like: how can we make this awesome team even better?
- You didn’t choose the developer-life, the developer-life chose you
- Working result-driven drives you mad
- You don’t enjoy a technical challenge
- Your work isn’t testable
Love being spoiled? So do we:
- Annual bonus of up to 1.5 times your monthly salary
- Hybrid working with one fixed office day
- 25 paid days off a year and the possibility to buy more
- Working hours (32/36/40 per week) are negotiable
- 60% pension coverage
- A learning budget of up to € 2000 per year plus unlimited access to digital courses at our own fundacademy
- A net monthly reimbursement of up to € 85 for your phone and internet costs
- A net work-from-home-allowance of € 2,15 per day
- Full coverage of your travel costs for office days (if you live over 5 km away)
- Unlimited access to mental support via OpenUp, including phone consultations with psychologists so you can blow off steam, get practical tips or just have someone to listen to you
- Work from abroad (EU/EEA) up to 14 days a year, and the opportunity to take a 3-month (unpaid) sabbatical every 3 years
- Membership at selected gyms and regular massages at the office
- Lunch at the office, freshly prepared by our in-house chefs
- Regular parties, outings and a gift for your birthday – or just because, because why not?
Interested? We like to act swiftly at funda. So here’s what you can expect from us:
You can apply by sending your CV and cover letter (or video) via the application button.
Into the next round? Then one of our recruiters will invite you for a video call.
To case or not to case
If the video call was positive on both sides, we will invite you to do a technical exercise.
We will schedule that first interview with you as soon as possible. You can expect a max of 2 rounds.
We do not wish to be contacted by recruitment agencies about this vacancy. No rights can be derived from CVs that are supplied unsolicited.